Author Topic: Good times  (Read 3003 times)

Chieftain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good times
« on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:24 pm »
I vividly remember my times as barbarian in Dungeons & Dragons. Just bashing in doors, breaking jaws and grunting a lot.

Playing a barbarian in roleplaying games has always been a sort of great excuse for wreaking havoc and just having mindless fun. What are your experiences and stories? ^^

Caragar

• View Profile
Re: Good times
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 01:36:48 pm »
I know this is thread necro, but I think it's better to reply than start a new thread.

Dungeons and Dragons has been a love of mine for years.  And, oh yeah, you've just got to love playing a barbaric, wenching, brawling, tough-as-nails fighter type, no matter the edition your playing.  I'm currently playing an old-school retro-clone called "Astonishing swordsmen and sorcerers of Hyperborea", and it has a barbarian class that is incredibly fun.  The game itself is mainly modeled off of the old, first edition ADnD rules, but has some changes and tweaks. 

The basic 'world' or genre is flavored more towards the writings of R. E. Howard (Creator of Conan, among other characters, as I'm sure many of you know), Clark Ashton Smith, and H.P. Lovecraft.  REALLY good game. 

And, yeah, I'm playing a barbarian.  How can you NOT? 

I might have to get me a female barbaric henchman NPC that I will model after the 'barbarian babes' on this game, too, haha. 

Yeah, man... Good times!