Author Topic: Achievements  (Read 2954 times)

PersonalHero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Achievements
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »
So, I'd like to know, how are you doing regarding the achievements?

Are you interested in them at all, is there any particular achievement you'd like to have and if so why?

For me personally I think it's fun to go for them. The one I really wanted was "Hero", because I like the title, but other than tat I just try to get them as I go along. As of now I got 60 of them already, how about you?

jj

• View Profile
Re: Achievements
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:46:09 pm »
got 54 so far...
only thing i did on purpose was for the title "The Undying" :)

most of them come on their own...

only thing i found where you have to work on would be the "beat babarians 3 lvl below yours"-achievments (3)
wich i simply dont see why?
1. no exp
2. way to less active people right now (or simply only smart ones) because i find barely gold anyone on a player :P
3. it is imo to mean xD 3lvl below... not a match, not even close ;)

PersonalHero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:07:09 am »
Well, I got that one, since I was the player with the highest level for some time.

I thought: If I don't get any experience anyway I may as well just get this achievement ;)

Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 08:49:28 am »
I also have 60 achievements (did you count them or is there a number somewhere that I didn't see?)

I actually didn't think that I would get the Hero achievement, but then kregar came along :)

I just now got the achievement "Dwarf in Disguise" which is awesome - this will be my title for quite a while now.

Generally I think there are not enough achievements in some categories.
E.g. 1000000 Gold? Almost everybody who has level 40+ has that and the amount of earned gold rises exponentially, so soon we will see people with 5000000 earned gold and more. I have already more than 2000000.

Also in PVP: The highest achievement is for beating 1000 opponents in PVP. Look at bambam - he has that already.
Same for number of adventures or work hours.

Hidden achievements for certain "feats of strength" would also be nice, e.g. beating a villain that is 10 levels above you or something like that.

And it would be nice to see all the achievements of other players, not only the one he chooses as his title.

PersonalHero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:07:20 am »
I did indeed count my achievements myself.

As I actively tried to get the "Hero"-Achievement, I spent some rubies on potions and rage in order to toughen myself up and went for some people on a higher level. Didn't work all the time though. ;)

As for your criticism: I can see what you're getting at. I will suggest adding a few more achievements to the categories, where a lot of people already maxed the existing ones out. Also I'll see how much effort it takes to implement an "inspect"-system for achievements.

Ronak

• No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:36:13 am »
Currently I have 61 achievements, if I don't have miscounts me. The number of achievements can't be read anywhere.

The administration already said that an update should come here. As so often, the question remains how long it will take (@ Crane: with the update, it should be possible to look at the achievements of the other barbarians to). The achievements itself I think is okay. I'm not a big fan of it, but this is now everywhere.

Like Crane, I find that it in some categories are too few achievements. He has them listed.

Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:14 pm »
Some ideas for achievements.

- Has been in Top 50.
- Has been in Top 20.
- Has been in Top 10.
- Has been in Top 3.
- Has been #2
- Has been #1
- Has been #1 for n days (5, 10, 20, 50, 100, etc.)

- "Feats of strength"-type achievements:
- Slew <VILLAIN> on first try

Also nice would be guild achievements:
- More than n members
- n members in Top n (e.g. at least one member in the top 10, at least 3 members in top 20, etc.)