Author Topic: Hag/Frustrations  (Read 2956 times)

bluezilch

• View Profile
Hag/Frustrations
« on: July 18, 2013, 10:50:24 pm »
So I finally beat the hag today, after trying for a couple of months.  I understand the need for the boss to be more difficult, but I've never had such a hard time killing her.  I'll admit, I almost gave up a couple of times in the last few weeks. 

Today, I beat her.  You know what I got?  A purple weapon who's stats can be beaten by a weapon currently in the blacksmith. 

I'm very aggrieved and frustrated, and feel let down by the game. 

I have other issues with the game, so this isn't a flash in the pan reaction.  For example, I occasionally attack my husband just for S&Gs.  He's 5 levels lower than me, all of his stats are significantly lower than mine, and yet he consistently beats me.  I can understand an occasional "lucky draw" but when he beats me 4 out of 5 battles, something feels off.

So, for those of you who have made it higher, tell me.  Does it get better?  Or should I just give up now?

jj

• View Profile
Re: Hag/Frustrations
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 03:17:39 pm »
Hi bluezlich,
i know the feeling of not beeing able to beat a minion/boss. if i remember it correctly the programmers said once they "guessed the stats babarians might have at this point"
at the end of 2012 there was a patch tuning the 45+ boss/minions down, since they were nearly unbeatable at that time...
they wanted to make another balance patch if i remember it right...

as far as the loot, there is a post here called "posing" where you can see what some people got for beating a minion/boss
i am currently lvl 99 and so far not once i saw a legendary ring or neklace :(

the "lucky draw" results from the 30% crit/dodge limit. so, if you get lucky in some fights you crit like 100% or (with bad luck) dodge 0%

to answer your final question, if you should give up
 ... well ...
as far as i can see the last time we had something done here was 2nd of february
which is around the last time we saw our administrator "Karsten"... "Chieftain" last game post is from 2012 so is "PersonalHero"´s

i personally am just waiting that one day i try to log in it says "Server not found" and everything will be gone.
until that, i will be here grinding my daily stuff, because i love this game in general :)

best wishes from germany
jj

russ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:21:15 am »
I got an update from Chieftain by email.  I was concerned that it was going the direction of "server not found" as well since the shaman and blacksmith started running out of available inventory around level 103.  He said that are really busy at the moment and don't have time to update the game themselves.  It sounded like they would consider a range of options before abandoning the game so it should stay online.  Hopefully, they'll find a way to implement updates as well with whatever they decide to do.   

As for the rewards for defeating bosses, I think that would be a good update if the probability of legendary weapons (set to your current level or higher) was increased.  I'd imagine that there is a lot of variation as to when players defeat bosses since some players have better guilds, use potions and power-ups, and invest their gold differently.   I think it would be reasonable that if you're within 5-10 levels of the boss that you defeat, you receive a very useful item as a reward. 

jj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 05:22:06 am »
I got an update from Chieftain by email.  I was concerned that it was going the direction of "server not found" as well since the shaman and blacksmith started running out of available inventory around level 103.  He said that are really busy at the moment and don't have time to update the game themselves.  It sounded like they would consider a range of options before abandoning the game so it should stay online.  Hopefully, they'll find a way to implement updates as well with whatever they decide to do.   

As for the rewards for defeating bosses, I think that would be a good update if the probability of legendary weapons (set to your current level or higher) was increased.  I'd imagine that there is a lot of variation as to when players defeat bosses since some players have better guilds, use potions and power-ups, and invest their gold differently.   I think it would be reasonable that if you're within 5-10 levels of the boss that you defeat, you receive a very useful item as a reward.

well, it sounds nice that they want let the game die ... on the other hand if they dont have the time, means (to me) there will be no updating anytime soon.

the top ten is (nearly) done with all the villains! updating them now to drop better loot will only help the "smaller" people :/

PersonalHero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 02:17:49 pm »
Well, I'm only a moderator here, I've got nothing to do with the development of this game or anything like that.
I still have a look occasionally, to see if there is any spam, or questions I can answer, but I actually have no idea about the future plans for this.

I'm quite aware, that there are a few issues with this game, but I have no way of adressing them, nor can I give you an ETA or something similar. Hell, I don't even know if there will be any more work going towards this game.

As long as you enjoy the game and it still works feel free to continue playing it, if you get bored just stop. That's about all I can say.